The StartUp Program
The McHattie Law Firm and its lawyers are passionate about fueling innovation and fostering start-ups, emerging companies and innovators. As a result, the Firm developed a unique Start-up Program to encourage and nurture the entrepreneurs and innovators behind those efforts. This program gives true Start-ups access to an experienced platform and a plethora of legal services that will nurture your company at its most vulnerable stage, efficiently and cost effectively. Our attorneys draw on their business experiences, know-how, and contacts to help you make your dreams a reality.
To be considered for the McHattie Law Firm Start-Up Program, your company must be less than 18 months old or be 3 years or younger with 5 or less employees – we are also open to discussing unique circumstances and needs. Acceptance into the McHattie Law Firm Start-up Program is in the sole and exclusive discretion of the McHattie Law Firm.
If accepted, the program includes:
- Complimentary 1 hour consultation
- Entity Formation + Preliminary Operating/Shareholder Agreement ($300 + costs)
- Brand Advice ($300)
- In-house Trademark Search ($300)
- 3rd-Party Trademark Search with Registrability Opinion (not to exceed $500 + cost of search)
- In-house Patent Search (not to exceed $750)
- 3rd-Party Patent Search with Preliminary Patentability assessment (not to exceed $500 + cost of search)
- Preliminary Package of Operational Forms including NDA/Non-compete, Independent Contractor, Employee Offer Letter, Standard Introductory
- Employee Manual and Human Resources Forms (not to exceed $750)
- 1st year of Representation all professional fees charged at 50% of prevailing rate